Zoom Video Communications, Inc. is the leading video-first unified communications-as-a-service company in the IT industry. The organization has been in a high growth phase for the past several years, and the Sales Operations and Strategy team now spans four continents.
As Zoom’s business evolved, the company recognized a need to have systems in place that could scale with its growth and allow the company to be nimble. In 2019, this led Zoom to seek out a lead management solution.
Over the years, Zoom had built out custom matching and routing rules in Salesforce, but as they grew, it became increasingly difficult to manage the sophisticated rules they needed in place. The company’s Sales Operations and Strategy team relied on developers to make changes to their processes, which took time and planning. In addition, other projects were generally prioritized because the current lead management process did work— however, the team knew it could be improved.
"Now that we have LeanData, we can make changes in a week that would've taken us months previously. We're much more flexible, we can move faster, and we can adapt to market conditions."
-Michael Fedynyshyn, Senior Manager, Sales Operations & Strategy
- Custom code in Salesforce became increasingly difficult to manage as Zoom grew and routing rules became more complex.
- Changes also required developer resources, which meant the Sales Operations team wasn't able to easily try new lead management initiatives or fine tune processes.
- Zoom needed a lead management solution that could help the company scale quickly to keep up with its rapid growth.
- LeanData Matching automatically matches leads to existing accounts with the industry's leading fuzzy matching algorithm.
- LeanData Routing increases efficiencies and accelerates response time by enabling custom routing rules, and facilitating the speedy delivery of leads to the right reps at the right time.
- Speed: Leads are getting routed to the right reps more quickly than ever before.
- Agility: Changes that used to take months now take one week or less to implement.
- Scalability: LeanData enabled Zoom to manage unexpected, explosive lead volume from around the world as businesses, schools, and individuals struggled to stay connected during COVID-19.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ashley Ward